Monday, March 02, 2009

Printer Policy - reposted from March 2007

Just a reminder that the only "authorized" staff members who are allowed to "mess" with the printers are myself, Holly, Jennie and Sue A.

Because of how easy it is to damage our printers or yourself, I must insist that nobody else even attempt to unjam them or replace cartridges.It only takes a fingerprint in the wrong spot to have to replace a $400.00 part OR worse if you touch the wrong part once it's hot, it can take the skin off your finger and seriously burn you.

So, if you have a problem call me first, if I am not here then call either Holly, Jennie or Sue A. If under extraordinary circumstances none of us are here, put an out of order sign on it.If you do have to put an out of order sign on it PLEASE leave me a note on my desk so I can get to it as soon as I do come in. Many times I will be here for several hours before somebody mentions in passing, "oh, did you figure out what was wrong with the printer" and my response is "this is the first I heard of it".

Thank you for your help with these persnickety and very expensive printers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home