Donations and Door #4
When patrons have large amounts of donations, staff can direct them to door #4 (by the drop-box), however it is important before doing so that staff confirm someone is in the backroom to accept the donations.
Last week I was the only in the backroom and I was in the Children's offices when I heard a patron banging on Door #4 (it sounded like he was trying to break it down).
When I asked if he had let someone up front know he was here with donations, he told me that the last time he was here a staff member had told him anytime he had a large quantity of donations he could just take them to door #4.
I know that patrons "mishear" what we say, but please be sure whenever you direct a patron to Door #4 that they understand they always have to come to the front first and let us know.
For one thing, there may not be any staff in the back to accept the donation.
More importantly it is not a good safety measure to just open the door to a person pounding on it if only one staff person is in the back. By letting staff know ahead of time, we can make sure there are at least two staff members in the back to accept donations.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home