Friday, September 21, 2007

Patron problems on PAC's

Last night while MK and EM were on desk we had three issues with patron's on PAC's.

One was with a man looking at inappriate sights and two young teenage girls using proxies to bypass our security.

I personally talked with the girls, explaining they could not use proxies to bypas our security to which she said, "Well can I bypass it with something if it's not a proxy?" (had to bite my tongue on that one).

The gentleman was here last Saturday and another female patron came up to HOlly complaining he was looking at porn. Marta gave him a final warning last night. (He is the guy that comes in all the time with the hat and the earphones.)

The two young girls were given several warnings. Then their cards were set up in PC Reservation as being filtered which means they also can't get to email (they were warned about this as well). After I left, Ed kept an eye on them and one of the girls then started to use another patron's card number, a MCL card number of a 50 year old male (no relation we can see). So this number has been filtered as well.

So...everyone needs to keep an eye out for what they guy is looking at.

AND if a young girl comes up and complains she can't get to her email you know why.

I will be working with MK and HK on writing up an incident report on the guy, as I highly suspect this will not be the end of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home