Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Card Catalog

I just wanted to clarify that all items listed on the Library's web page are fully functional. Especially the card catalog.

I had a patron ask when the online catalog would be available again as she had asked a staff member a week ago and they said "they didn't know". The card catalog has always been available and can be accessed through our web page at any time.

Another reminder:
I also had a patron ask about the "time-out" issue, which I explained that this is a matter of them getting to the catalog through a bookmark or favorite. If patrons bookmark in "too deep" they will get a "session has timed out" error. Tell them to get rid of their bookmark and go back in from scratch starting at www.chelibrary.org. Also tell them that the web page they SHOULD bookmark states that clearly (that "this is the page that should be bookmarked")

Please talk to me if this is unclear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home