Library Databases
Just a reminder about how the security on the Catalog Stations works.
These stations have the ability to access the entire internet, so, we have them set to block everything, UNLESS we have added the URL into the Allow list.
The problem with this is, that URL's change regularly and it seems that just about ALL our databases just recently changed their URL's.
Today I sat at one of the Catalog stations for about 1/2 hour and clicked on everylink I could find for most of the databases, but I am sure I missed some.
SO - If a patron is attempting to access a database and you get a small pop-up box asking for the password, go ahead and follow the directions.
Click here to see the directions. (P.S. these directions are NOT NEW so ignore that part that says they are. Since they haven't changed I am just reposting them.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home